Sunday 11 May 2014

Read this first!




Hi! My name is J-F Tranquille. I am an artist from Melbourne Australia. 

When I started to write a blog, I was torn about what to write and how to write it… to some extent I still am. I have done so many things and dipped my toe into so many scenes and styles of art, I was having difficulty consolidating it all and presenting it in a so-called "Artist" blog. Finally a friend of mine (A successful illustrator who’s partner writes a popular fashion blog) told me “Write it all”, Do long posts, short posts, anything you want…
So here we are. I am not going to say it’s perfect…. And it probably never will be, but it will be honest and fun.

The plan for this Blog is to do the following;


  • Showcase my artwork and talk about the artist experience… the references, the ideas, the failures and in some cases the successes. These may become long and sometimes rambling, but at the end of the day (in my experience) creating art is rarely ever clean and tidy… it’s a rather messy process from thought to creation… and if I do it right, I come out with a nice tidy piece at the end and no-one is the wiser (Until now)

  • Talk about Toys! I love toys! I have been collecting toys for the past few years (seriously) and I don’t show any signs of slowing down. The search for toys old and new is always an awesome trip, and its always great finding little bits of treasure while searching crappy markets stalls and 2nd hand shops. As well as collecting, I have begun to create my own figures…. Resin cast in small runs..

  • -Flash Backs! Seems to be a trend on the social medias… FlashBack Thursday or something. So I thought I might do a thing where I spotlight some of the past works I have done… be in Zines, early art, and even failed projects I have been a part of. Hey! write what you know right?

  • -Popular Culture…well, popular to me anyway. Movies, TV shows, Comics, Music  may make an appearance here as I am on the constant search for inspiration and entertainment.

And!

  • Anything else I can think of…

I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it. My intention is to post weekly, And while this seems like a slightly ambitious task… I feel like I line must be drawn in the sand. 

Along the way I would welcome any feedback and comments. I do what I do because it is challenging and it makes me happy, I present it to you with the intention of inspiring and informing.

Cheers
J-F

No comments:

Post a Comment